• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC - 7th to 9th June

Started by Mike, Jun 01, 2013, 11:53:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

We have a Deep Sky Camp coming up from the 7th to 9th June. Who is going and do you prefer Rother Valley or Blacklands?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

I'd like to go if the weather is OK. 

Carole

The Thing

I'll be going unless the heavens decide otherwise.

julian

I'll be going if the weather is ok

Mac

Nope, Im off to cornwall. :!

So its going to be clear and sunny all weekend.
and rain in cornwall.

Mac.

Fay

I will go if weather ok. I prefer Rother. too many public with lights at Blacklands
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

I plan to come along.  Definitely Rother.  Though I might disappear during Saturday to continue my obsy build.

I've also mentioned it to the folks at Ashford Astronomical Society, though no takers so far.

Mark

Delphine

I am keen to come along.

Delphine

doug

Rose and I could pop down if the weather is good.. :D  ....  and if we know which site you all are going to !!
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

Quotetoo many public with lights at Blacklands
True, but I don't like the fact that the southern sky is obstructed by trees at Rother. 

Carole

Rocket Pooch

Blacklands is really busy at the moment, went there yesterday to get some chicken food and I would not go there for astronomy.

Mike

OK so Rother it is then. I've emailed Jackie and she has given us our usual corner with pitches 12-15a and 5 EHU's.

See you there.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

Quote from: Rocket Pooch
Blacklands is really busy at the moment, went there yesterday to get some chicken food

Wow! Didn't realise chickens ate campers.  I'll keep a watchful eye out for those dangerous creatures next time ...

Rocket Pooch

Only small ones....

BTW I don't think I'll be going, however, I might get down on Saturday for 1 night.

Mike

I'm curious who the 3 anonymous people are who voted but who didn't say they are coming (I only count 8) ?