• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observatory Progress

Started by MarkS, May 15, 2013, 20:35:39

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Rubber flooring?  I've got wall to wall carpet waiting to go in - I won't have a chance to do it before Saturday though.

I installed a red bulb in one of the two wall lights in the observatory last night.  So I have a red light for night use and a white light for when the roof is closed. It looks very seedy with the red light illuminated.

I also set up EQMOD for the first time ever.  I have a question though: once I finished, I set my scope to park and then closed Cartes du Ciel.  So tonight when I switch my PC on, fire up CdC, link to the scope and unpark it, will it know exactly where in the sky it is pointing (assuming the PC clock is accurate, the mount properly aligned and I haven't touched the scope in the meantime)?

If so, I think I'm going to enjoy this observatory lark ;-)

Rocket Pooch

Hi Mark,

Rubber flooring Red light, sounds inviting for certain types.

EQMOD you can park at position and it remembers it, then you just plug it back in and unpark and bingo your off again, its really good.  I used to have my pier mount in London setup this way and when I went to the observatory I was up and running in seconds with the 1st goto always very close at 2 meter focal length.  If you get any issues with this park method it will be flexture or inaccurate clock timing and you will need to re-sync.

Chris

The Thing

In the section where you can go into the sync data list you can set if eqmod saves the data on park and restores it on unpark.

Carole

Well at least your Obsy won't look like mine did when I put a red light in it!!!!

:oops:

RobertM

It's Christmas !!!

I must admit Carole, that's a good candidate for an APOD...

mickw

Quote from: RobertM on Aug 29, 2013, 19:17:36
It's Christmas !!!

I must admit Carole, that's a good candidate for an APOD...

Well it would be - it is A POD  :roll:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

Quote from: Carole
Well at least your Obsy won't look like mine did when I put a red light in it!!!!

:lol:  :lol:

Carole

Quoteit is A POD

Very clever!!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

doug

No pampas grass ......
Always look on the bright side of life ...

JohnP

QuoteWell it would be - it is A POD 

Blimey Mick you are on the ball today... very funny... :-) :-)

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

mickw

Did you manage to get to sleep with that grin on your face ?   :lol:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

JohnP

Excellent Mark - you must be very pleased after all your hard work - John.