• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

UDSC this weekend?

Started by The Thing, May 06, 2013, 07:44:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Due to light nights etc, i will come down for the day. also I need a screw.

the part that goes into the back of the scope that holds the camera, i have lost the screw, probably at Kelling. if anyone has an assortment, i go go through, i would be grateful.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

doug

I am glad that you described your "screw", Fay.  I was a bit concerned .....  :o

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

The Thing

I have heard from Jackie and provisionally asked for three pitches to be reserved, if you are going please call the campsite 01797253997 or email at mail@rother-valley.com to make your booking.

See you Friday whoever is coming down!

Carole

mickw

I know it's early days but the forecast is for clouds and gusty wind  :(
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

Hmmm, it's changed since the last time I looked at it.   :! :!

The Thing

According to Meteoblue the nights will be clear and the winds will drop a bit. Any showers have low probability ('cos I'm a smelly git - thought I would get it in before you lot do!). I am optimistic.

mickw

Quote from: The Thing on May 07, 2013, 17:59:21
According to Meteoblue the nights will be clear and the winds will drop a bit. Any showers have low probability ('cos I'm a smelly git - thought I would get it in before you lot do!). I am optimistic.

I understand "Float the Duvet" will be incorporated as an Olympic event in 2016  :lol:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

So who else is going besides me and Duncan?

Carole

The Thing

Julian's gone all quiet...

The weather isn't looking too bad, bit breezy maybe.

Fay

Ha Ha sorry to have made you concerned Doug, glad you read on & recovered!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

julian

Sorry for the late notice, but I will not be going to UDSC.

Julian

The Thing

Well that's no fun. However all weather sites I look at regularly are showing different forecasts which include heavy rain, high winds and gusts. But there is still a chance of clear skies and the wind dropping. In the morning I will look again and decide if I'm going to chance it. 

Carole

Yes, I am looking at the wind and weather.  Will make a decision tomorrow.

Carole

The Thing

Tonight looks like a no go, Saturday night still looks hopeful but there are thundery showers forecast for the daytime. So I have decided it isn't worth going and putting a tent up. Maybe the weather gods will smile for us next month...