• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Solar Storm - alert for those going to kelling

Started by Carole, Apr 11, 2013, 19:49:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Space Weather News for April 11, 2013
http://spaceweather.com

INCOMING SOLAR STORM: A strong M6-class solar flare on April 11th has hurled a CME toward Earth.  Geomagnetic storms and high-latitude auroras are possible when the fast-moving cloud reaches our planet on April 13th.  

(E Mail stuff Edited)

Rocket Pooch

Hi Carole,

I have an unsubscribe script on my Work PC to de-subscribe me from emails etc on my web outlook, I think it has just un-subscribe you from spaceweather, or so the script report says.

There is a link in the txt below with the words "to unsubscribe in it", sorry it fired it off.

Chris

P.S. This is a public apology, must remember to turn that script off when when browsing.

mickw

I'm seeing Subscribe/Unsubscribe nonsense also.

Assumed it was excessive clicking
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rocket Pooch

No I get spammed a lot at work so one of my developers wrote something for me to auto unsubscribe any email with that word on it with a link, hey hoo.

mickw

But the original post has the unsubscribe stuff  :o

I would ask how if there was even a slight chance I'd understand the answer.

Time for beer  :-?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rocket Pooch

The script reads the DOM/Content for the word Unsubscribe find the link clicks it (new instance of browser created) clicks on yes, thats what they normally say, sometimes they have feedback, we aint done that yet, and closed the instance of the browse.

Time for a beer.

Of course anyone here could do it manually if you like.

Oh, I just manually followed the link and you can see Carol's personal email address as well!

Carole

OH bugger, I didn't mean to post all of that, I was in a hurry and just anxious to let the guys going to Kelling know about the solar storm. 

Gonna delete some of it now.

Carole