• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

New trip to Jodrell Bank.

Started by doug, Apr 08, 2013, 10:36:40

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Brilliant trip!  Good company,  interesting place, lots of good photos.  And a great opportunity to catch up on sleep.

Thanks to Doug 'n' Rose for organising the trip!

Mike

Well what a great day out! Thanks a lot to Doug and Rose for organising the trip. It was great to see the dish up close. It's a lot bigger than I thought it was !

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Yes, very enjoyable trip.  Many thanks to Doug and Rose for excellent organisation.
QuoteIt's a lot bigger than I thought it was !
Ditto.

Shame we didn't see it in action though.

Carole

Delphine

Many thanks Doug and Rose for organising the enjoyable trip.

Kylee

Thank you my lovelies for your hard work and patience in organising the trip.
Really had a good time........thanks again.
;)

julian

Thanks Doug and Rose for organising such a great day and to Tom for collecting the money.

From Julian and the Crayford lot!

doug

Rose and I would like to say a big THANK YOU to all the Orpington members who came along and also to the Crayford Astronomical Society and Flamsteed members to help to make the party larger.

We felt the trip was excellent and an eye opener to see the actual dish, which was HUGE; also the gardens which were quite good, the talk which was interesting and how pleased we were with the coach and the two amusing drivers who did a good job in safely transporting us two and fro from Orpington and Jodrell Bank. Plus the weather was not too bad..... and it didn`t snow!!!

I will email the Coach company to let them know that we were happy with their transportation .... and the drivers.

Thank you all again for making the trip enjoyable.

Cheers, Rose and Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Mike

A few snaps taken yesterday can be viewed HERE
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

A great set of pictures Mike!

RobertM

I won't repeat what's already been said apart from a big thankyou to Doug and Rose for organising such a successful day. :)

Robert