• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M64 Black Eye Galaxy

Started by Carole, Apr 07, 2013, 22:01:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

It definitely says in the instructions M48.

I think it might be more to do with a so called tip I read about "using a bit of polish on the threads or you might never get it off again".  I did this the first time I used the coma corrector, but I think I used some old polish and I think it's just gunged it up.  I am wondering what I can use to clean it off.  Obviously I'll bunge up the barrel so I don't mess anything else up like the lens itself. 

Any ideas Mick?

Carole

mickw

meths or white spirit should do it
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

RobertM

If you want me to take a look then you're welcome to bring the adaptors around this evening.  I've also got meths and white spirit if you need a drink ;)

Robert

Carole

Quotemeths or white spirit should do it
I thought maybe one of those two might do.  I've just looked in the shed and to my amazement my husband actually has both in there.  So which would be best?

I thought bung up the barrel of the Coma corrector with tissue and use a toothbrush to clean the threads with whichever above.  

Sorry I didn't get back before but got completely side tracked by having to sort out my mum's Home Care funding with a visit from the social worker and the Home today and having to find lots of relevant paperwork.  

QuoteIf you want me to take a look then you're welcome to bring the adaptors around this evening.  I've also got meths and white spirit if you need a drink  
Thanks for the offer Robert, but I think I will be able to sort it out myself - hopefully.
However if the offer of a drink still stands it would be nice to come over but I'm not on meths!!! :cheesy:

Re EOS/M48 adapter
FLO are out of stock
Astronomia want an extra £4.40 or something just for posting that little thing, and only just remembered to ring Bern (who is out posting parcels) due to the distractions of the day - just caught him in time before he goes off to Kelling, so if he's got one I'll go and collect it tomorrow so I've got it for the weekend.

Thanks guys.

Carole

Carole

OK, I've got all the gunge off, but it seems it wasn't that that was stoping it screwing closer, seems there is a rim on the adapter stopping it go all the way, so said Adapter is obvisouly not right for the job, but it will be OK with my QHY8L which also needs the same adapter.

I have located an EOS to M48 adapter from Bern am picking it up tomorrow morning before he leaves for kelling.

Carole