• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Moon Craters 1st quarter

Started by Carole, Apr 19, 2013, 21:10:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Tried out my DMK21 on Moon craters last night using my deforked ETX125 on a CG5 GT

Craters Archimedes left, Aristillus upper right, and Autolycus bottom right with the Apennine mountains

Ptolemaeus Group

Tony G

Carole,

I'd re-fork it as it doesn't seem to work when de-forked. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

MarkS

I think what Tony means is that the images are not displaying :(

Carole

I can see them, but I'm finding the website extremely slow this evening, maybe they are not downloading straight away. 

Any-one else having problems.

Carole

The Thing

I see no craters. Mind you I'm sat in front of my laptop and the moon's in the sky outside :)

Carole

Hmmm, they've disappeared now, but took a long time to download on another site.  I wonder whether this is because I am hosting it from a new website.  I'll have to upload them to the gallery.

BRB

Carole

Carole

Well I don't know what went wrong as they were definitely there to start with and when I went back to see Tony's comments they were still there, very odd.

I've uploaded them via the gallery now.

Carole

Tony G

Quote from: MarkS on Apr 19, 2013, 21:57:05
I think what Tony means is that the images are not displaying :(

When I looked earlier there was no images, and so I thought that you had forgotten the link, its most probably this super server we are using.
Just reading back, and it sounded rude the way it was put, so please accept my apologies Carole. :oops:

I can now see them........Mark could you see them when you posted the above quote?

Tony G

PS.........Good to see images of the moon again. 8)
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Carole

That's OK Tony, but I must admit, because I could see them myself I didn't understand what you were talking about until Mark explained.

Carole

Fay

i could not see them yesterday but can today. they have come out ok Carole. i did the moon the other night, practising  with BYE, as never tried it outside before
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Thanks Fay, I don't get a lot of practice doing Moon and planets, but I think these are probably the best I've managed so far. 

I took a look at the other forum I posted them on and they too have disappeared, so must be something to do with hosting off my new google site.  Weird that they post initially and then disappear though.

Carole

doug

I am glad that you are turning into a lunar-tic, Carole. About time.....  :D

Very nice images, well done.  But are they a fraction unsharp, or is it my laptop being old.... or me being old ??

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...