• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Aurora/ Alta Norway

Started by Fay, Mar 15, 2013, 15:54:54

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

Terrific images, Fay, especially as you have captured the starfield as well ... the Hyades and Pleiades.  They are a lot better than some of the aurora images I have seen in the "Sky at Night" magazine ... you should definitely submit some of them to that magazine; they should put them on their Hotshots page.

Keep up the good work.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Fay

you are too kind Doug. i did the best i could on the given night, but there are such superior pictures that have been taken, what you get depends on location & the strength of the display
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Fay,

As usual you are far too modest.  Doug is right though I think you should send one for an APOD - if you don't try..

They are certainly better than most I've seen there so why not give it a go !

Robert

Carole

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Thanks Mike very much. i took 26 pictures but only put 4 on site,
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Tony G

Quote from: Fay on Mar 18, 2013, 17:43:42
Thanks Mike very much. i took 26 pictures but only put 4 on site,

Fay,

You haven't been plagiarizing that NASA website again, because when I counted there was 6 images, and if only 4 are yours............who do the others belong too. :o

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

julian

Very nice images Fay

julian