• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC Dec 7/8/9

Started by The Thing, Dec 04, 2012, 21:25:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

Is the deep sky camp on for this weekend? Looks like its going to be fresh and clear so I'm up for it.

Rocket Pooch

I'll be in me garden.

JonH

Yep I'm well up for it!
Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops!

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

It's unlikely I'll be able to make this one.  Christmas Party on Friday night and lots to do on Saturday :-(

mickw

Don't forget to book as it is off season

Yet another DSC that I'll miss  :(
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

Quote from: mickw
Don't forget to book as it is off season

Rother Valley?

Blacklands Farm?

Mike

Jackie says that Rother Valley is still a no go area until they have a prolonged period of dry weather.

It will therefore have to be Blacklands.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

-6.2c here so bring a woolly.....

JonH

Looks like the forcast has gone a bit downhill, nothing but cloud all weekend according to metoffice.
Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops!

Tony G

Quote from: Mike on Dec 06, 2012, 06:35:43
Jackie says that Rother Valley is still a no go area until they have a prolonged period of dry weather.

So it looks like Blacklands for the next 15 years then. :lol:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

The Thing

Yep. And the weather does now look like it's going to be dire. Pretty much like usual. I think my tent will stay in the shed after all.

Mike

So where is everyone? It's bloody freezing here.

Kylee

Tony G

Well Mike that's me over the other side of the field.
To be honest I didn't know that was you there. :-?

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson