• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M33 From Headcorn

Started by Whitters, Aug 17, 2004, 07:29:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

Chris, The A set and the B set need to be processed seperately, then combine the results of each. Then the image has to be flipped as 0,0 is in a different corner on the imaging software to that on your processing software.

Rocket Pooch

Hi Paul,

Did it right this time.  I used an application I've been dying to use for some time to do the following.

Firstly these images were a stack of ten from the (a) set using Stella Magic.  

Then I put them into PixInsight for a Histogram and SGBNR Gaussian filter (astronomy specific, see http://pleiades-astrophoto.com ) and ended up with the following: -

without SNGBR filter

with SNGBR filter

I must admit the original FITS we're an educaiton because the histogram of each image was very thin but it seemed to contain quite a lot of dynamic range.

I tried not to burn out the stars.  Hope you like them.

Bye

[ This Message was edited by: csuddell on 2004-08-21 00:26 ]

Mike

Top image looks better to me.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

That's more like it. I prefer the top image too the star images are smaller and it is sharper. If you want I can send you the callibration files, but there are rather a lot of them >150 files. But they will remove the verticle bias and a lot of the grainy noise.

Whitters

Greg has had a go too, here is his image, again Greg did not have the callibration files.

Rocket Pooch

Na that's ok, I'll collect some more of my own soon, hopefully.  Nice pics though, I'm positive with a little more processing these FITS will give an excellent result.

Something for you to do on cloudy nights eh!  Oh thats now....

Rocket Pooch

Hi Paul,

I finished off a second attempt with your M33, details as follows.  

Stacked in API4WIN, unsharp mask, levels applied in PS7, gausian blur in PixInsight.

You really should show your M33 at the next meeting.

P.S. If you ever feel like giving away the camera, I'll have it.

[ This Message was edited by: csuddell on 2004-09-11 11:26 ]