• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Moon, 2 Nov 2012

Started by The Thing, Nov 03, 2012, 16:25:07

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

Very successful (I think) compared to my previous Moon shots which either used standard captured RAW files and native SCT focal length or a webcam with/without a Barlow. I especially like the floating peaks along the terminator.

Hardware: LX90 8", SCT-2" adaptor, Moonfish 2" 2x ED Barlow, Moonfish extend-able adapter (at shortest setting), Canon 1000D (modded).

Software: APT 1.98 using the Planetary function to capture 100 (configurable) frames from the Liveview. Stacked 75 of 100 in Registax. All post-processing in Registax.

Dug out a copy of iMerge and put the images together if you're wondering why the post is modified yet again!

Fay

you have done really well there, Duncan. using a x2 with DSLR looks extremely promising.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

julian

Nice image Duncan. As this was done with a canon modded camera you should be able to get some colour out of the image.

Check this link out.

http://www.colormoon.pt.to/

The Thing

I know. I tried to increase the saturation but just got odd colour casts. I should have a go with GIMP and see if that is better.