• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M27 Wide Field

Started by Rocket Pooch, Aug 17, 2004, 02:35:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Well, I only took one image despite the excellent conditions, mainly because I was to busy looking ant things through my eyes, and partly because my batteries we're on the Fritz.  

Anyway, I've been trying to get some 20 second exposures on my SAC8 for a while with the Orion SkyTravel 80 (F5 400mm) but from my back garden in Mottingham I just can't get those kind of exposure times.  

But Headcorn does have some quite exceptions skies.

I apologise for the focusing being slightly out.

Whitters

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Is that a single exposure or the sum of multiple exposures - Either way it's amazing - I can't believe how many stars there are but like you say we were blessed with unbelievable skies on Saturday night. Even though I ended up getting no images it was great just to look up & stare..!

What was Sunday night like - It was cloudy in Bromley - I had my fingers crossed for those that stayed on.

Cheers,  John.

Whitters

Rocket Pooch

10 x 20sec add in Stella Magic.

Jim

What a great picture Chris, it was good to see how you captured it, thanks.  We certainly did have some exceptional skies, it's quite a disappointment being back in orpington!

Jim

Mike

You can say that again !!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters