• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

I've messed up Photoshop.

Started by Carole, Oct 16, 2012, 13:53:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I thught I would install fits liberator and once installed all the names of my files were changed to things I wouldn't recognise and I seem to recall the images themselves looked vile, I am sure I got it from the authentic site.

Anyway I decided to uninstall it.

Ever since then every time I start up photoshop I get this message:

The application has failed because cfitsio.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem.  Well I tried uninstalling and re-installing but I am still getting the same message.

If I click on the OK option, it opens up and seems to work OK - UNTIL TODAY!
I managed with some help to do my first calibration and stack in Maxim, but when I tried to open the resulting file in photoshop I got this message:

Could not complete your request because the plug in entry point could not be found.

Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

Carole

mickw

Haven't got PS on this machine so I can't check.

If you can open PS, somewhere in the menus is plug-ins, go there and delete/remove the fits liberator plug-in.

If you can't open PS, your stuffed - re-install PS
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Ivor

cfitsio.dll is a library file for Fits Liberator, https://www.spacetelescope.org/projects/fits_liberator/downloads_page/

Which version of FITs Liberator did you install the standalone or the plug in?

I'd try reinstalling the standalone version and see what happens?

Carole

I don't think I installed a plug in as I was expecting to do so, but there wasn't one as far as I recall. I have just checked and there is no plugin for Fits liberator. 

I have fixed the Maxim files problem, I needed to save as a Tiff and it will now open. 

Carole

Carole

I've managed to fix the problem.  It appears that Fits liberator uninstall was aborted before it completed for some reason, so I did a system restore for a date abut a week before I installed it, and Photoshop is now opening properly without that
QuoteThe application has failed because cfitsio.dll was not found.
message.

Carole