• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC October

Started by Carole, Oct 06, 2012, 14:17:10

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Quote from: Fay
weather not looking that good

Need extra beer then ...

Carole

Yes weather forecast has deteriorated - so much for five day forecasts.

There is an Indian restaurant at the entrance, or bring your own.

Carole

Tony G

Quote from: Carole on Oct 08, 2012, 14:21:36
There is an Indian restaurant at the entrance, or bring your own.

What! bring your own Indian restaurant.
Sounds like a Victor Kiam quote, 'I liked the curry so much, I bought the restaurant'  :lol:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

The Thing

So are you going to be there to try out the curry Tony? I am sure they do lamb dishes. Or is that dishy lambs :baa:

Mike

The forecast is now looking dodgy. Rain forecast Saturday and overnight  :!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

got to decide what we will  do then
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JonH

Looks like Friday night might still be clear though...
Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops!

Mike

Quote from: Fay on Oct 09, 2012, 10:08:07
got to decide what we will  do then

Well that is up to each individual. I don't personally like all the hassle of travelling and packing, etc. when the weather is crap and I could be doing something else. Plus there is nothing worse than packing away a tent in the rain.

But, if people are still willing to go down then so be it. As Jon says, the forecast for Friday night might be OK (although it doesn't look like it will be particularly clear).
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

It's only Tuesday.  I think it's too early to make a call on the weather. But Friday night is beginning to look quite hopeful.

JonH

I quite agree, I normally don't take much notice of any forecast beyond 48hours and even then they often get it wrong!
Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops!

The Thing

The forecasts are changing by the hour. Metoeblue now says it will be a bit damp Saturday but both nights will be OK if not completely clear. You never can predict these things exactly, unless Fay can be convinced to come along and pack up early of course.

Fay

is the print smaller on the forum? or is it me?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mac

Rick

Quote from: Fay on Oct 09, 2012, 16:10:12is the print smaller on the forum? or is it me?
I've not changed the size of the print...  :bug:

Ian

Fay, have you got the right glasses on?