• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Partner37.mydomainadvisor

Started by Fay, Jul 14, 2012, 18:01:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

I often cannot open my web links, via SGL, PAIG or UKAI. instead a page comes up with the above info at the top.

I have done full scans etc, nothing came up, wondering if the problem could be with my web provider. Any clues?

Thanks
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Fay this is a virus. It's known as a Browser Hijacker. Whatever virus protection you are using has obviously let it through. Get rid of it and use another and do a full system scan.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

I have done a full scan with SPYBOT & the paid version of AVG. Have also downloaded Malware Bytes. nothing was found. do you think the problem could be with my webspace provider, or is it definitely with me?

Mac

Manual Guide to Remove/Uninstall Partner37.mydomainadvisor Completely
Step1. Stop Partner37.mydomainadvisor process: press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to start Windows task manager and check abnormal process

random.exe(the Partner37.mydomainadvisor process is changing everytime)

Step2. Remove all Partner37.mydomainadvisor files listed here:

%AppData%\[random].exe
%ProgramFiles%\LP\[random].tmp
%ProgramFiles%\LP\[random].exe
%Windows%\system32\[random].exe
%System%\drivers\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].sys
Step3. Get rid of Partner37.mydomainadvisor registry entries listed here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search\CustomizeSearch=[site address]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\CustomizeSearch=[site address]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Search Bar=[site address]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DontShowMeThisDialogAgain
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\[random]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell =[random].exe
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\ForegroundLockTimeout = [random]
Please be advised that manual removal of Partner37.mydomainadvisor is a cumbersome process and if you haven't sufficient expertise in dealing with program files, process, .dll files and registry entries, it may lead to mistakes damaging your system. Therefore, To make sure completed deletion, it is recommended to contact online expert for tech support.

Mac

Ian

Fay, sometimes Malware can hide itself from scanners if it's running. I would follow Mac's instruction to see if can find the malware process (the one with the random name), stop the process in task manager and then try running your antivirus or malware bytes again. That might be able to remove it without you having to manually edit the registry.

Mac

Just a thought, start the pc in safe mode and then stop all the processes that are running, then run your malware scanner,

Mac.

Fay

Thanks for your help, I will have to think if I am confident to go into the depths!

JohnP

Fay is this on your desktop or new laptop?.. Have you been downloading dodgy files again...?

Fay

desktop.  I only get it erratically on some of my weblinks.