• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Solar telescope for sale

Started by RobertM, Jul 13, 2012, 15:15:01

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

I've decided to sell my PST based solar scope.  If anyone has seen the one that Julian has had a DSC then it's almost exactly the same as that.

What you get is:

Specially shortened EQUINOX 80mm APO refractor OTA
80mm Screw on Baader ERF
Modified PST with tuner with caps
Shiny metal box
2" extender to allow you to use the OTA as a standard telescope.

Price is £800

Unfortunately you will have to locate the Sun first in order to use it but assuming you do then you will get fantastic Solar views.

I'll be putting it on UK Astro Buy Sell on Monday so let me know if you're interested before then.

Many thanks
Robert

Tony G

Robert,

That shiny metal box sounds nice, and if no-one makes an offer on it, I maybe interested. ;)

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Ian

Robert, I'll have a shiny box too please. If I ask around, I might be able to drum up some additional business for you. Can you do a discount if I can get 5 mates to chip in?

mickw

I could do with the 2" extension  :oops:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

RobertM

Listen, I lied about the shiny box.  It's really black with a silvery frame...

Just goes to show what attracts the punters  :roll:

Mick, I'm sorry I don't sell personal items.  You may have more luck on eBay  :lol:

Robert

Tony G

Robert,

That is even better, as I was going to tape around all the edges of the shiny box and spray it black, and so this saves me a job.

Your great Robert.  :kiss:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Vera

Please add me to the list of those showing an interest.  Although a novice to both the Society and astronomy I am keen to take full advantage of this opportunity from a reliable source, to purchase equipment which will enable me to view the sun safely.

Vera

RobertM

Vera,

These unscrupulous people would take all my boxes and leave me with astronomy kit.  Shame on them !

Tony for instance has a fetish for boxes as well as tents, that kind of makes you wonder what he's trying to :squirrel: away with all that storage space.

Robert

Vera

Robert,

Maybe I should be more interested in the boxes than the astronomy kit too??  For sure those unscrupulous people have more idea what to do with the kit than I do.  :lol:

Vera

RobertM

Not sure about that Vera.  There is a rumour that someone, who will remain nameless, had cobwebs on the inside of his scope !

Robert

Tony G

Robert,

The  :suspicious: 's were put in deliberately, as to produce Diffraction Spikes when imaging the Moon, but also to catch those bloody flies.  ;)

Tony G