• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

First Light Lunt LS60 B1200

Started by MarkS, Jun 09, 2012, 19:10:18

Previous topic - Next topic

julian

mickw

That came out really well, very nice
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

Just re-read your first post Mark, you say you used the QHY5 for this.  Do you have the QHY5 that doubles as a planetary camera i.e. the QHY5V?  

I have the basic QHY5 and Sharpcap doesn't recognise it even though the drivers are installed on the laptop so I assumed it was not intended for planetary work.  

Carole

MarkS

I used the QHY5 because it's the only mono CCD I have.  It's the basic QHY5 and used their own QVideo capture software.   

I didn't like QVideo very much so I'll see if I can use an alternative.

Mark

The Thing

Quote from: Carole on Jun 14, 2012, 18:41:26
Just re-read your first post Mark, you say you used the QHY5 for this.  Do you have the QHY5 that doubles as a planetary camera i.e. the QHY5V? 

I have the basic QHY5 and Sharpcap doesn't recognise it even though the drivers are installed on the laptop so I assumed it was not intended for planetary work. 

Carole
Update SharpCap. The QHY5 has a native mode using the QVideo software and an ASCOM driver. The ASCOM driver should be recognised by the latest SharpCap.

Carole

Thanks Duncan and Mark I'll give that a try.  I was wondering whether there might have been some extra software I should have installed.

Sorry to slightly side track your thread.

Carole