• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M27 - Night of 18th July

Started by Whitters, Jul 20, 2004, 05:52:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

10 Red + 5 Ha
15 Green
15 Blue
20 Luminance (IR Block)
All 60 seconds, thru Canon 800mm F5.6 With Starlight Express MX916.
18th July 2004

[ This Message was edited by: Whitters on 2004-07-19 22:55 ]

Rocket Pooch

About bloody time :smile:

Absolutely fantastic and a true glove down to all :smile:

Right where's me cheque book.

Well done Paul, I wondered how long it would be before the colour filter wheel got a run out, thats an absolutely excellent image and one to be chuffed to bits with.

Whitters

Yeah I like it. I don't have a wheel, the Canon takes 48mm filters, I tried to use them a couple of weeks ago but the filter holder were too deep for the Canon filter draw. So good old SRB http://www.srbfilm.co.uk/ machined them down for me. Well chuffed.

Rocket Pooch

Maybe I'm sad but I just like all the colour in the stars esspecially the little red one's.  Great!

JohnP

Hi Paul,

Are there truly that many stars in the image or are some of the background ones noise? I'm always amazed at how many stars all your images show - I guess that's to do with the sensitivity of your camera. Chris - couldn't you get similiar images if you put colour filters in front of your SAC-8? How expensive are they?

A great image - Lets have some more - Are you planning on taking all this gear to DSC - I'd love to see it in action.

Cheers,  John

Rocket Pooch

The last time I looked the Astronimik fiters we're about £150, but I need the wedge first :smile:

Good image isnt it, I like the tiny red stars, or have I already said that?

Mike

Fantastic !! Need I say more !?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

John,
yes they are all stars, I use dark frames, bias frames and flat fields to calibrate the camera and remove as much noise as possible. Though the stars are not photometrically accurate, i.e. some appear brighter than they should, due to the Photoshop curve algorithm.

I will be bring it to DSC.