• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Canon 600 and sequences

Started by Fay, May 16, 2012, 17:38:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Does anyone know if, with a Canon, you can take a series of shots & have 2 or 3 seconds inbetween each one, for daytime time lapse.

i could use the Intervalometer but as the lowest length of sub is 1sec, it will not work as want it lower.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

I assume this is with your new 600D ASTRO camera  ;)

Try selecting the lowest ISO and aperture.

Does the included software let you do timelapse ?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

i don't know, i wanted to do it as a standalone no laptop. eg if i was doing clouds, i would want a 2 or 3 sec gap inbetween each sub.

RobertM

The canon software allows you to do that if you tether it to a pc.  Alternatively you can use a remote or Magic Lantern.

Fay

yes i have a remote Intervalometer but as i would need to put the sub length in there. i cant as it only goes down to 1 sec.i did some clouds today & was doing them at 1/160

i will look at Magic Lantern thanks Robert

mickw

Quotei did some clouds today & was doing them at 1/160

At what ISO ?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

RobertM

Quote from: Fay on May 16, 2012, 18:38:06
yes i have a remote Intervalometer but as i would need to put the sub length in there. i cant as it only goes down to 1 sec.i did some clouds today & was doing them at 1/160

i will look at Magic Lantern thanks Robert

Yes but that's on bulb,  just dial up the shutter speed and set intervalometer shutter to minimum.  That should work ok.  That is unless you want less than 1 second between exposures.

Robert