• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Red tree revisited.

Started by A.S.I.G.N_Baz, May 14, 2012, 14:07:35

Previous topic - Next topic

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

I thought I would go back to an old photo that I'm not happy with. The concept was there when I shot it, doing a bit of long exposure (30 seconds) and some light painting with my tail-lights etc, but the end result came up short.

So, what I have done now is some creative 'shopping and a bit of a blend with a 4 minute tracked exposure of the sky instead.

A bit dramatic and well over the line between photography and art, but I had fun putting it together.

Baz.

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

Stunning milky way Baz.

Carole

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

LOL! Not sure what  :roll: means Mick....  ;)

Thanks Carole.

Baz.

RobertM

That tree doesn't look very well !

Did you say just a single 4min tracked exposure  :o

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Quote from: RobertM on May 14, 2012, 21:08:42
That tree doesn't look very well !

Did you say just a single 4min tracked exposure  :o

It's a willow and it is a very healthy tree.

4 minutes is correct! ;)

Mike

It is incredible that you can capture such a fine view of the Milky Way with a single exposure of 4 mins. Your skies must be as black as squid ink.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Quote from: Mike on May 15, 2012, 13:34:40
It is incredible that you can capture such a fine view of the Milky Way with a single exposure of 4 mins. Your skies must be as black as squid ink.

I am often completely blown away by our cold-sub-alpine dark site views not so far from Canberra City.

MarkS

Single exposure of 4 minutes?  It makes me want to weep over our terrible skies here in the UK :(

Nice image by the way!

Mark