• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

April DSC

Started by MarkS, Apr 15, 2012, 18:46:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

We are having a good time thanks Carole. Weather has been surprisingly good. It is another sunny warm morning today. No clear skies yet though unfortunately.

Get well soon.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Just been for a walk around the trade stands. Some very lovely things on sale. Incredibly huge CCD in one of the Atik cameras (37.25mm x 25.70mm).

Some really nice refractors on the Altair Astro stand. Also found out they are doing a nice adaptor for their 60mm finder scope that I have on my RC that gives enough inward focus to use with a guide camera so I bought one of those. That will save all the weight of the rings and guide scope.

Found Julian haggling with Bern on the Modern Astronomy stand over a nice little 65mm refractor.

Lots of nice and tempting things for sale. If only I could afford them.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Kenny

My earlier post went walkabout. Where is Kelling?

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Kenny

Is that Kelling Heath Holiday Park?

Mike

Rick

Quote from: Kenny on Apr 21, 2012, 13:38:11My earlier post went walkabout. Where is Kelling?

It went exactly where you put it... ;)

RobertM

Quote from: Kenny on Apr 21, 2012, 13:38:11
My earlier post went walkabout. Where is Kelling?

Well I thought you would have known.  You look like a Norfolk farmer in that garb :lol:

JohnP

Worzle Gummage eat your heart out...!!!

Rocket Pooch

Was clear down here all night last night, bit wet today though its just started raining.

Mike

Well it was another nice day in Norfolk. Apart from a few showers it's been a nice warm day.

The sky's are clearing right ow and clear skies forecast for tonight so hopefully I'll be able to capture a few Lyrids with my fisheye lens.

Carole

Glad the weather has improved, just shows you can't rely on forecasts. 
It was clear here all night from midnight last night and I felt recovered enough to go out and do a bit of imaging in the POD.

Carole

Delphine

Glad you all enjoyed Kelling - hope the skies were clear last night.  It sounds as if the weather was better there than it was here!

Delphine

Mike

Yes we had a clear night last night. It wasn't conducive for imaging as clouds were scooting over periodically but it was ideal for visual. We had some fantastic views through Roys Takahashi refractor and eyepieces.

Sue

Thanks to Mike we saw a good selection of objects. Roy is still talking about M13, he had never seen it before and it was the best view I have ever had of it. We will need more practise with our kit before the next camp!

Nice pictures Mike. We thought we saw a hare but no chance of taking a photo.