• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Moon 1st April

Started by Kylee, Apr 04, 2012, 18:44:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylee

Hi all...just wanted to show you some pics I recently took of the Moon. I'm really chuffed with them  :D

Moon 1st April 2012 by kylee40, on Flickr

Copernicus...The Moon by kylee40, on Flickr

Clavius by kylee40, on Flickr

Copernicus by kylee40, on Flickr

Kylee

All taken with my Canon EOS 600D attached to my Skymax 127. I did use a 2x Barlow for the close up shots. I'm yet to get to the deep sky stuff but i have to admit I love the Moon  :D

The Thing

They look really nice shots. There's not enough moon photos considering how often it's above us at night :roll: and how dominant it is.

Kylee

Cheers Duncan....I think there will be plenty of moon shots from me...I really love it  :)

RobertM

I agree with Duncan, they look lovely and he's right, there aren't enough moon shots.  A lot of us astro imaging types tend to resent its presence.

Robert

The Thing

Quote from: Kylee on Apr 04, 2012, 18:46:55
... but i have to admit I love the Moon  :D
Download Virtual Moon Atlas. A great piece of software for luna-tics.

MarkS

Wow - really, really good shots.

Very well done Kylee  8)

Mark

Kylee

Thanks Mark  ;)

Cheers Duncan...downloaded  ;)

Carole

Wow Kylee, they are much better than anything I have done of the Moon.

I think you have a natural talent for imaging.

Carole

Fay

All very good Kylee!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Tony G

Brilliant images Kylee, especially the first!!!!!!

Quote from: RobertM on Apr 04, 2012, 19:52:19
A lot of us astro imaging types tend to resent its presence.

This is what Messier done years ago. He made a list of objects that in his opinion was not worth looking at, so to speak, and people should not be observing, and what are most astronomers looking at today, his list of objects.
I agreed as well with Duncan in what he said, and believe everyone started with this great object, and so should not forget it, and listening to Fay, she enjoyed imaging the moon the other night so much, she likened it to running around the woods with no underwear on, or something like that.  :D
I tried that years ago, and now have to sign a register each month.  :oops: I have now left that cult.  :!

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Ivor

Well done Kylee some great shots there. I wasn't planning on getting the telescope out over the weekend as the moon would affect the deep sky targets but you've inspired me to try something a little closer to home!

Mac

Very nice images.

QuoteThis is what Messier done years ago. He made a list of objects that in his opinion was not worth looking at
Not quite true, they were a list of objects that could be mistaken for comets, thats why he created his list, so that he could avoid them whilst comet hunting.  :D

Mac.

Tony G

Quote from: Mac on Apr 04, 2012, 22:50:03
Very nice images.

QuoteThis is what Messier done years ago. He made a list of objects that in his opinion was not worth looking at
Not quite true, they were a list of objects that could be mistaken for comets, thats why he created his list, so that he could avoid them whilst comet hunting.  :D

Mac.

And so, in his opinion was not worth looking at. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

doug

Crikey, Kylee, you are coming on in leaps and bounds.  They are superb... keep up the good work.  Excellent and very well done.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Kylee

Hey thanks everyone ......i'm so chuffed with your comments  ;)

Can't wait to get out there again.

Sergio

Beautiful shots

Congratulations

S.

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional