• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Coming Soon ...

Started by MarkS, Mar 26, 2012, 23:02:01

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Coming soon ...

... is my Spring experiment - the Bananascope Deep Field image.  I already have 30 hours in the bag (360 x 5min) and tonight is another clear night!  Plus I have 8 hours that I took last year that I could potentially add in.

Whitters

Rocket Pooch

JohnP

Well I'm voting APOD & I haven't even seen it yet? look forward to it.... John

The Thing

I bet it will be a real stunner. It probably already is... :roll:

MarkS

To be honest I haven't processed any of it yet so I've no idea how it will come out.

I grabbed another 6 hours last night (so I have 36 hours).  Hoping for another 6 tonight, making 42. 

Mark

Carole

The mind boggles, looking forward to seeing the results Mark.

Carole

RobertM

I'm really looking forward to seeing this marathon effort too, how long have we to wait ?

MarkS

Quote from: RobertM
I'm really looking forward to seeing this marathon effort too, how long have we to wait ?

Dunno - I've a bit overwhelmed with data right now - already over 540 five minute subs and tonight is another imaging night  :o  
Some people wouldn't even have 500 planetary frames in an AVI for Registax.

This is 6th successive night of imaging since Friday at DSC and then I also did a few nights last week.  I've never had such a long spell of imaging. 

My PixInsight script keeps crashing with "Out of Memory" so I'm going to have to process in chunks of maybe 100.

Mark

MarkS

Only got 4 hours of usable data last night because of the moon.

If tonight is clear I'll be able to breach the 50 hour threshold and after that the moon brightness will prevent any further work.

Was hoping to batch process some data during today but my PixInsight trial version refuses to start - it can't access PixInsight's license server on the net :-(

Mark

Rocket Pooch

This had better be good, good dynamic range, perfect colours, nothing washed out, no noise and round stars :-)

Mac

QuoteThis had better be good, good dynamic range, perfect colours, nothing washed out, no noise and round stars

At least set Mark a challenge,
this is a normals days processing for him.  :cheesy:

The final image will be interesting,

You never know but NASA might come knocking on your door with an image processing job.

If as you said you are going to do them in batches of 100,
it would be interesting to see how each batch off 100 improves the final image.

Or whether up to a point, adding more data gives you that much more improvement,
obviously where there is faint data the more the better, but at what point do you draw the line?

Mac.

RobertM

Oh dear, I am dissapointed, only 50 hours !  You mean we'll have to put up with noisy data :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

JohnP

Mark - If you are using PI will be useful to try the animate galaxy feature - looks like a really useful feature - came across it on this post on PAIG..

http://www.progressiveastroimaging.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6155

MarkS

Quote from: JohnP
Mark - If you are using PI will be useful to try the animate galaxy feature

I think you mean annotate!

yes I'll definitely give that a try.