• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Last night

Started by Whitters, Jul 19, 2004, 22:13:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

Was it a good night last night or what!
Once the haze cleared there was even a suggestion of Milky Way.
Finaly got to bed at 2am

Rick

I wonder whether tomorrow's observing evening will be so favoured....

Rocket Pooch

What part of the country we're you in?  It was really cloudy and raining in Mottingham :sad:

Clear skies luxury

Mike

Nice clear skies here too - Too busy unpacking our camping stuff to do anything about it though.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

No rain in Hayes. Imaging M27, always love this object since I 'discovered' it with a pair of 5" binoculars at the "Astronomy Centre".

Anonymous

Sunday night was good.  I was able to find the M27 nebula for the first time with my new 9x63 binoculars. Appeared as a little fuzzy disc.  Able to see the milky way clearly from Sevenoaks.  Does anyone know some decent websites with good charts for Uranus and Neptune?

Simon

Last message was mine, didn't log in properly.  Are any asteroids also visible thorugh binoculars in the evening sky at the moment.  Do you know know of any finder charts for these?

spendrey

Cartes du Ciel is a great free application for finding objects in the sky at your current location and time.
It's available as a free download from...

http://www.stargazing.net/astropc/index.html

Whitters

Whitters

spendrey is right Carte du Ciel is very good. And it will often have catalogue updates to add new objects.