• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Tonights Meeting - Elizabeth Cunningham

Started by Mike, Mar 23, 2012, 00:29:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

An excellent meeting. Very interesting talk on Astrophysics and I even understood some of it :)

We should definitely invite her back.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

doug

Always look on the bright side of life ...

Delphine

I agree - it was a very interresting talk and well delivered.

Delphine

Mac

:evil: and i couldn't make this one,
Fudge. would have really liked to hear this one.

Might be time to start up a podcast?

Mac.

mickw

QuoteMight be time to start up a podcast?

Good idea but would the speakers (who frequently give their services for free) be happy to have their presentations recorded and stuck on the internet ?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Kylee

mickw

Quoteloved the Banana bit

Ok, I'm curious but also strangely scared  :o
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

The Thing

Mac

QuoteGood idea but would the speakers (who frequently give their services for free) be happy to have their presentations recorded and stuck on the internet ?

Members only, would probably work.
That way its not open to the general public.

Mac

Tony G

It was also the half a dose you got by sleeping with someone that shocked me!  :o
Do you get a full dose if you stay awake?  :lol:

Kylee, I'm still intrigued about this party trick.  ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

doug

What about Bananarama...  :o  The mind boggles..........
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Kenny

Really great talk. I think it was well structured/layered to introduce you into the topic before hitting you with the astrophysics stuff. Enjoyed it alot.

Kylee

Oh Tony....now that would be telling  ;)

Ian

well I did mention to Tony that we'd like to hear more. Maybe, maybe not, we'll see.

Do you think there's a chance we can get her to Deep Sky Camp to continue some of our experiments. I really think going nuclear is the next logical step. Sky glow? Look at the way the ground glows...

Kenny

I saw the first play of Across The Universe at the newly refurbished Peter Harrison Planetary yesterday having seen some of the last shows of Secret Life Of Stars and Sky Tonight before the refurbishment. It only hit me yesterday that the lady hosting the shows was the same that had visited OAS last month: Dr Elizabeth Cunningham. Doh. ;-)