• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing Evening - 20th March

Started by Mike, Mar 20, 2012, 08:29:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Just a reminder folks that we have another Observing Evening tonight at 7:15pm.

The weather forecast is looking 50/50 so we may even get a chance to go up to the field.

Either way, see you in the pub later tonight.

Mike
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

I hate the way the Met Office site says "clear periods tonight" in its description but then shows 100% cloud in the pictorial map. 

I guess they're hedging their bets, but I've missed a couple of clear night recently because I just look at the pretty pictures.

Mike

Well what a great night we had! There were about 15 of us in the pub with a load of new faces. After a beer or two we went on down to the field and the clouds cleared giving us a reasonable sky for about 2 hours. We were able to show the new guys around what was visible (not a lot at this time of year) before the clouds rolled back in again and we went back to the pub for a final pint.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Kylee

Sorry I missed it but my course has finished at Greenwich now so I'll be joining you all next time  :lol:

Kylee