• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

The new telescope arrived this weekend..

Started by Rocket Pooch, Mar 18, 2012, 16:03:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Cool, got the new scope and mount for the garden, just got to setup the observatory after the 26th when I have a week off, great!

MarkS

A new scope?  (Always a subject to provoke posts on the forum)

What is it?
And which mount?

Mark

Tony G

Chris, was it this one that was in the Argos catalogue yesterday.
Don't forget to use the Nectar card. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

Is this new scope of sufficient quality to jeopardise our rural skies ?   :-?  (orange skies are of no concern)

Tony, Mark, Mac, we may have to "pay a visit"  :!
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

Is that the one in the Guinness Book of records - for the largest number of counterweights on one scope?

Mark

Rocket Pooch

Not quite that big Tony :-) you know the real one....

JohnP

Quotegot the new scope and mount for the garden

Out of interest how many scopes you had in last 5-10 years...?

Rocket Pooch

Err probably 20+ I even lost money on 1 when I sold it, I only have three newts and one ACF, and ED80 and 120 F8 Skywatcher now plus several finder scopes and guide scope.

Not many..  Well not as many as Robert...

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Quote from: Rocket Pooch on Mar 19, 2012, 07:00:19
Err probably 20+ I even lost money on 1 when I sold it, I only have three newts and one ACF, and ED80 and 120 F8 Skywatcher now plus several finder scopes and guide scope.

Not many..  Well not as many as Robert...

Hey, leave me out of this new scope talk, it's very dangerous  :-?  I only have a C11, MN190 and an Equinox 80.  There is an old 6" F/8 ota that I've had from the age of 15 but I don't think that counts - needs more than a little TLC.  Plus I have only one finderscope !  Doesn't Tony have quite a few scopes, oh sorry that's tents.

Robert