• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Mars from Feb DSC. 25 Feb 2012 00:13

Started by The Thing, Mar 14, 2012, 17:29:57

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

LX90 8", Moonfish 2" ED 2x Barlow, Skywatcher 2x barlow, Baader Neodymium filter, Revelation UV/IR, SPC900 webcam.

Approx 300 of 600 frames. Processed in AviStack 2.0.

Carole

You're doing very well with planets Duncan.

Carole

MarkS

Nice one Duncan!

The conditions weren't too good for planetary imaging that night but you've done a good job there.

Mark

MarkS

Duncan,

It does look like the RGB need aligning.

Reopen your final image in Registax and navigate to the "RGB Align" option.  If you hit Estimate then it should auto align the RGB and get rid of the coloured fringes.  Hit the "Do All" to ensure the whole image is treated the same way and then re-save.

Voila!

Mark

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

The Thing

Quote from: MarkS on Mar 14, 2012, 22:01:59
Duncan,

It does look like the RGB need aligning.

Reopen your final image in Registax and navigate to the "RGB Align" option.  If you hit Estimate then it should auto align the RGB and get rid of the coloured fringes.  Hit the "Do All" to ensure the whole image is treated the same way and then re-save.

Voila!

Mark

I did this for the Venus shot, works a treat. However I processed Venus in Registax as AviStack just made a hash of it. I will have a go at loading the final Mars image into Registax, hadn't considered doing that. Thanks.

Duncan

The Thing

An aligned and slightly tweaked version of the original below รก la Registax.

Mac

is it me or have the images disappeared?

Mac.

Rick