• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Has anyone got a 12V connector for a Celestion I could borrow to test the power?

Started by Les R, Mar 06, 2012, 20:00:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Les R

Ive just bought a second hand celestion Nexstar 6SE last weekend. All seems to be well, but Ive no way of testing the drive is working via an external power supply. Ive just bought a 12V jump start box, but dont have the 12V connector to fire it up. (I have got one on order, but it says it could take 8 days to arrive.) So I just really need to get this tested ASAP so I dont get accused of "breaking it" if I found it not working via an external supply! If it didnt work, Id be looking to return it. (I'm happy to bring the telescope if thats easier / prefered)

Also, I've bought a Canon mount adapter and have a T mount to attach it to, but its not a #93633-A which it says in the manual is required. Does it make any difference if the length of the tube is slightly different to the one they advesrtise? (ie if it was say 10mm shorter) - which I have no idea if it is, but just know there seem to be different T Adapters available, which kinda suggests its not optimised perhaps?

MarkS

Quote from: Les R
Also, I've bought a Canon mount adapter and have a T mount to attach it to, but its not a #93633-A which it says in the manual is required. Does it make any difference if the length of the tube is slightly different to the one they advesrtise? (ie if it was say 10mm shorter) - which I have no idea if it is, but just know there seem to be different T Adapters available, which kinda suggests its not optimised perhaps?

An SCT like the 6SE does not produce a flat field for astrophotography in any case.  So the difference of 10mm is not really going to be noticeable.

Mark

Les R