• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Something a bit different

Started by JohnP, Feb 20, 2012, 13:08:02

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Did this late Saturday after getting home (was thinking of everyone down at Mark's....)

Comet C/2009 P1 Garradd

30 X 1min exposures L only (guided on a star) - I wanted to guide on comet head & go for longer exposures but couldn't find it in my OAG... :-( I should have also used a CLS filter... I will put the animation together sometime...

Rocket Pooch

cool, apparently we should be able to see it from here in the 20" ok

JohnP

you can see it with Bino's.... mag 7.

Rocket Pooch

Ah,if Jim had brought them along!

The Thing

Nice one John, looking forward to the animation.

JohnP

RobertM

Nice one John, it's good to see a comet appearing in between all the usual suspects.  Should be a good animation too.

Robert

MarkS

A great one John - nicely processed (in both guises).

Looking forward to the animation (the 3rd guise, I suppose!)

Shame you couldn't make Saturday's session but see you some other time.

Mark

Tony G

John,

You seem to have trailing stars in both the images................................I hope the animation is better.  :lol:

Tony G

Well done. ;)
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

That is a change, well done John!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Well inspired by Dunc's animation - eventually got round to doing mine. This is 34X1min exposures.  Cheers,  John

The Thing

Very nice John, much smoother than mine.

Tony G

Nice animation John.  ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

what did you stack it with John?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

I did the animation in Pshop. I just took the original 34 X 1 min fits. Did a basic linear stretch on each in aip4win. Then exported to Jpeg's. Opened up all 34 in Pshop & set each to its own layer & then used pshop animate feature..