• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Hello from Beckenham

Started by Sergio, Feb 14, 2012, 15:44:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergio

Hi All,

just wanted to say hello in my first post. I attended the OAS Jan meeting and I think it was excellent and of course I will be joining the OAS returning all the paperwork the next coming meeting.

I currently own a pair of celestron 15x70 binos and I am doing some research to get my first telescope, wish me luck!

Sergio

RobertM

Welcome to our forum Sergio, I look forward to speaking to you at the next meeting.

You will get plenty of friendly advice on a first telescope from the forum if you so desire - just post the question.  Taking the advice os optional but it sometimes helps to get others opinions.

Robert

The Thing

Welcome Sergio,

I am also in Beckenham, I joined OAS a few years ago now and wish I had waited until then to buy my first telescope, you are doing the right thing on both counts!

Duncan

Carole

Hi Sergio,

Glad you made your way onto the forum, it's a good place to keep in touch and get advice, especially on that first telescope. 

Did you enjoy Astrofest?

Carole

doug

A big welcome, Sergio, from Rose and Doug.  I believe we chatted to you at that meeting while we had a cuppa.  There are many people in the Society that can help you with telescopes...... just ask around.  Don`t do what I did and "jump in" at the first thing you see.....  :roll:

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Sergio

Thanks all for the messages,

I assume that the next meeting/activity will be the Observing night on Tuesday the 21st. Is that right?

Carole, yes I enjoyed Astrofest, even though I only attended the exhibition. People were very helpful and was a good way to see a few telescopes.

Good luck with the trip to Iceland.

S.

Rick

Yep, there's the observing evening on 21st at the "Change of Horses" in Farnborough Village, and then the AGM and President's address on 23rd at High Elms.