• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

10 Hour Time-lapse - Deep Sky Camp - 21st January 2012

Started by Mike, Jan 24, 2012, 11:50:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

This is the time-lapse video I did at DSC this weekend. Comprised of nearly 2000 individual stills and edited into a time-lapse movie. Make sure you change the settings to 1080p HD (if you're gfx card can cope) and also watch it in full screen so you can see it at its best. Hope you like it.

DSC TIMELAPSE
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

Fantastic Mike!

That has come out really well.  The fish-eye gives an excellent field of view.
Was it all done on the camera's internal battery?

Mark

Mike

Yeah I had a battery grip attached too so it was running off two batteries. There was about 15% battery life left by the time i'd finished.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Thats cool! what did you use to put it together....

JohnP

That is *king brill - really like it - Its great the way you start to see stars peaking through the clouds etc. How were you doing the exposures...?

John

Mike

Chris - Premiere Pro to render each time-lapse sequence separately and then final editing in Final Cut Pro X.

John - The Nikon has a timelapse feature built in so I just set it to do 15 second exposures every 20 seconds. I moved it around the field a few times quickly in-between exposures to get different views.

The Thing

Nice record Mike, especially like the polar rotation sequence.

Mike

Quote from: The Thing on Jan 24, 2012, 13:13:53...especially like the polar rotation sequence.

Yeah that is my favourite part. Next time I think I will leave it pointing at Polaris but with all the scopes in the foreground.

RobertM

That's really come out well Mike, you must be well chuffed with that.  Like Duncan my favourite is the polar sequence but the rest is great too.

I'm looking forward to the next installment.

Robert

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mac

very good,

The music reminds me of the early days of kraftwerk.

Mac

Jim

julian

Very good Mike.  Have just watched it for the second time in full screen with music as I was in work the first time.

Tony G

Excellent capture, especially Orion.  :o

We want more! ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

doug

Brilliant, Mike, very well done. That new camera of yours is something else, I can`t do anything like that with my SonyA380.... it ain`t got no video thingy on it.  Never mind; I will leave it to the professionals.

Great stuff.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...