• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Re: Moon Halo Dartford 10/12/11

Started by Kylee, Dec 10, 2011, 23:42:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylee

Kylee

Fay

thats a really nice picture Kylee

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Lovely!  A complete 360 degree halo.

Well captured!

Mark

Vera

Kylee,

I'm so pleased you persevered to share this photograph.  Thank you very much.
Can you organise another one for tonight please so I can see it too?   :P

Vera

Rocket Pooch

Kylee,

Get the image off to the magazines you have actually caught a really great image.  I have seen a few of these but this one looks really good.

Chris

doug

Great stuff, Kylee. Keep up the good work.  :D

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

Excellent stuff Kylee, and you got it all in the one frame, they are quite large.

Well done.

Carole

PhilB

"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Mike

Very nice Kylee. I saw this halo myself last night out of the window it was huge.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Kylee

Hey Chris

How do I go about getting this off to Magazines then....all new to me?

Thanks

Kylee

Kylee

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments.

Kylee

Tony G

Well, the core is a little burnt out, and the focus is slightly out......................ONLY JOKING  ;)

Great image Kylee, and no doubt this is the first of many images to come.
Well done.  :D

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Kylee

Cheers Tony

Was a little worried when I first started reading your message!!!!!!

Kylee

Mac

Carole

Nik Szymanek (? spelling) has posted an image of the halo on PAIG, and yours is in the same league.  If you knew Nik Kylee, you would take that as a great compliment.

Carole

RobertM

That is lovely Kylee, and congratulations on uploading your first picture :)

Carole, what's this PAIG group all about - is it for all those fed up with UKAI or is it JAAIG ?

Carole

http://www.progressiveastroimaging.com/viewforum.php?f=3

It's specifically for imaging and those who want constructive criticism and advice rather than just a pat on the back.  The guys that started it said they were fed up with all the "well done" comments on other forums when the images were often NOT well done and could do with some improvement.  From comments you have made in the past, I think it would suit you well Robert.

Carole

Kylee

Thanks Carole for your compliment. I have seen Nick's work...he is the chap that always has images in the back of Sky at Night isn't he..or is it Astronomy Now!
It's nice to hear I captured a good image...I was chuffed.

Kylee.

See you Thursday  :D

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: Kylee on Dec 11, 2011, 18:25:19
Hey Chris

How do I go about getting this off to Magazines then....all new to me?

Thanks

Kylee

Hi,

There are in the magazines email addresses to send them to, I'm positive Mark S knows them off by heart :-)

Chris