• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Would you believe it!!!!

Started by Rocket Pooch, Jul 07, 2004, 22:20:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

I bumped into another option in the "image recking light polutions events" register last night.

So appart from the 18 halogen spot lamps at the end of the garden.  The A20 75 meters away.  My neibours 300watt garden spot lamp (I'm tempted to turn it puinting up to see if we have any planes landing in the garden), he's on the right, my step daughter turning on the spotlamps in the bathroom usually about 11pm to 2am, because you need them on when you are having a pee.  

I bumped into another one.

At 12:20 my other next door neibour, on the left, I will not name him but for the sake of the story I'll call him Vince.  Decided to burn all his grass cuttings about 10 meters from the telescope.  

Due to the law of sod, the, not much, breeze was heading towards the telescope and eventually drove me indoors smelling of, well burnt grass, boo hoo :sad:

I've decided that next time he it out sunbathing, I'm going to throw some paint over him to teach him a lesson!!!  

And then if he has a problem with that, I'm going to give him a chineese burn, a real hard one, you know the sort, like that boy at school used to give you, the one who used to call you names......ring any bells?

Needless to say I was not happy.

Your Sincerely

Un Chuffed from Mottingham.

Rick

Ugh! Someone had a bonfire somewhere near me a few nights back, some time round midnight. I don't think it would have taken much more smoke to set off my smoke alarms. My car was covered in ash the following morning.

I guess, if the smoke alarm goes off, then the fire brigade might need calling....

Rocket Pooch

I'll put one at the end of the garden.

JohnP

so I guess you're not going to post a picture then... :smile: Don't forget to add viruses to your list of 'image recking events'

Sounds like you need to move....

cheers,  John

Rocket Pooch

Hey I like my house, just not all the lights.

Pictures on the way.