• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

UPdating AVG

Started by Carole, Oct 27, 2011, 12:51:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

looking at that page though, I do need the safer shopping and banking bit, which is not the free one
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Ivor

BTW What version does the current version say it is?

No you don't need the safe shopping bit as you should need to part with any credit card details.

Unfortunately my PC is so locked down at work I'm surprised I can even access the forum, alas this means I can't upload images to help you.

So on the first screen click the big GREEN button which says "DOWNLOAD* Basic Protection"

New webpage opens.... http://download.cnet.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition-2012/3000-2239_4-10320142.html?part=dl-avg_free_gb&subj=dl&tag=button

scroll down click the big RED button which says "START DOWNLOAD"

When you start the install it should ask you whether you want to overwrite the old version, if you have problems at this point try deinstalling the old version before installing the new version.

Fay

Ivor, I succumbed to paying. I do a lot of banking etc on this desktop & did not want to leave myself open. I tried downloading the free one again & it said it was only valid for a day.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!