• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

OK - this might be a stupid question.....

Started by JohnP, Oct 12, 2011, 13:35:55

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

My laptop has a Max resolution of 1366x768 - I am looking to purchase  24inch HD monitor Max resolution 1920x1080 - What will happen when I plug screen into my laptop - will image just be 1366x768 & then zoomed to fit screen or will I actually be able to get a higher resolution displayed. I find when I use PS at moment everything is a bit cramped on screen.

John

MarkS

I think it depends on the the graphics chipset in the laptop.  Mine can display more pixels on a monitor than it can on its own built-in screen.

Mark

RobertM

John, the 1366x768 should be automatically rescaled to fit the screen by the monitor itself.  You will then be able to set it to the native monitor resolution on the laptop (assuming your LT video card supports that res).

If you're thinking of a 24" monitor then I'd suggest looking at the Dell Ultrasharp with 1920 x 1200, it gets really good reviews and Dell sometimes have rediculous offers on them with trade-in.  Quidco may get you another 10% off + 10% cashback too.

Robert

RobertM

Rocket Pooch

I think I just paid £224 for my 27" monitor.

RobertM

Fay

I am thinking of getting a larger screen as well.

When I got this screen, everyone looked like Billy Bunter & I went into panic mode. I altered the screen resolution & it adjusted & was ok. Dont want a screen so large that you go cross eyed as it is too close.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!