• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Night 1 Oct - The Video

Started by MarkS, Oct 11, 2011, 18:26:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

My computer is really fast!!!!! I have a quick eye!!!!!! Do you think that level 10 was good then? I cannot see how anyone got to 18!!!!!!!!!
Fay I think you're suffering from the same problem as me.....  this belongs to a different post.
:cheesy:

Fay

I did have my suspicions, but think Tony started this diversion    :police:
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Tony G

Quote from: Fay on Oct 12, 2011, 16:47:17
Tony started this diversion    :police:

Don't blame me, you wanted to slow the timelapse down.........By the way Fay, do you understand the concept of timelapse  :D

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

yes, but it was going a little bit too quick for me to get the gist........

MarkS

Here's the HD version:  
http://www.markshelley.co.uk/webdisk/imaging_night_1oct2011_HD.avi   (11.5 Mbytes)
1280x720pixels but with black bars down each side because I didn't want to crop it.

As before, it's probably best to save it to your hard drive before playing it.

I've also slowed the frame rate to 10 frames/sec (but you can play it back even slower in VLC).
Watch carefully for the "rockets" coming from behind the willow tree just before dawn, leaving trails behind them.

Mark

Fay

very good Mark Someone came up very close to the camera, don't remember seeing that on the quicker version

MarkS

By the way - I now have one of these:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/HEAVY-GARDEN-CAPACITY-800LBS-355KG/dp/B0030CAI3E

So next time, it will be far easier to transport equipment from the car to the "imaging area".

I used it this afternoon for transporting logs up from the woods after playing with my chainsaw.

Mark

Mike

Did anyone spot the two rabbits at dawn too?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

After the rabbits, a dog appears also (it is next door's dog) - look just left of Mick's red stool.

RobertM

Quote from: MarkS on Oct 12, 2011, 20:38:38

By the way - I now have one of these:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/HEAVY-GARDEN-CAPACITY-800LBS-355KG/dp/B0030CAI3E

So next time, it will be far easier to transport equipment from the car to the "imaging area".

I used it this afternoon for transporting logs up from the woods after playing with my chainsaw.

Mark

I'm rather relieved you didn't get this one:

Mick had a red Stool - yeeks that's not very friendly :o

mickw

Got the rabbits and the dog  :)

QuoteMick had a red Stool - yeeks that's not very friendly
It's OK the dog didn't step in it  ;)

I thought there was a cat sitting behind the stool but it must have been Julian's bag  :roll:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rocket Pooch

Still catching up, this is very good.