• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

A balance between Earth and space

Started by A.S.I.G.N_Baz, Aug 30, 2011, 10:34:11

Previous topic - Next topic

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

This balancing rock near Canberra is hard to get to now, with all the regrowth form the 2004 bushfires. Many places that are photogenic are darned near impossible to get to!

However, being very close to the road, it's not too bad to fight your way through the scrub and try to find a place to put the tripod down.

It's so peaceful being alone in the dark out bush. I feel safer out there than in the suburbs and very much at home. While the camera does it's job, it's a time of reflection and uninterrupted thought away from the distractions of civilisation.

Looking up, one's world and it's problems shrink away to nothing as your mind reaches outwards to infinity and all it's possibilities.

doug

Blimey, mate ... can`t get any idea of scale!  How big is that lump of rock and how near to it were you?  The Milky Way looks stunning though; we can`t get any of that here.  You have the center of it..........  :o

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Quote from: doug on Aug 30, 2011, 12:04:42
     Blimey, mate ... can`t get any idea of scale!  How big is that lump of rock and how near to it were you?  The Milky Way looks stunning though; we can`t get any of that here.  You have the center of it..........  :o

Doug.

About three times my height mate..roughly 5 and a half metres high. I was only a few feet from it looking straight up.

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: mickw on Aug 30, 2011, 19:28:14
Nice rock.

I agree, shame about all the stuff behind it, infact the picture on the left does not balance well at all.

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Quote from: Rocket Pooch on Aug 31, 2011, 01:13:56
Quote from: mickw on Aug 30, 2011, 19:28:14
Nice rock.

I agree, shame about all the stuff behind it, infact the picture on the left does not balance well at all.

LOL! Ah well, can't please everyone and each to their own hey?  ;) Hey...you just provided balance!  :lol: