• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Rho Ophiuchi Wide Field

Started by A.S.I.G.N_Baz, Aug 29, 2011, 10:35:09

Previous topic - Next topic

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Peering into the heart of the constellation Scorpius near the central bulge of our Milky Way galaxy, one is greeted with a more intimate view of the complexities of our neighbourhood. We see a mixture of dark dust lanes, vast clouds of interstellar matter, fine mists of countless stars and colourful emission and reflection nebula.

From another trip last night to the mountains near Canberra, (two this week...zzzz :wired: ) this is a stack of 8 x 5minute exposures from a Canon 5DMKII, using a Canon 70-200 f/4L at 70mm. I had it on an EQ6 German equatorial mount to track the stars for the duration.

JohnP

Baz - any chance of seeing larger versions? Thks,  John

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Quote from: JohnP on Aug 29, 2011, 10:42:00
It's for sale mate, as are many of my images.  :D I stopped posting hi-res images online since I started selling my work.

Baz.

mickw

Quote from: A.S.I.G.N_Baz on Aug 29, 2011, 10:52:32
It's for sale mate, as are many of my images.  :D I stopped posting hi-res images online since I started selling my work.

Baz.

I think we should start charging for advertising space  :lol:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Quote from: mickw on Aug 29, 2011, 12:22:56
Quote from: A.S.I.G.N_Baz on Aug 29, 2011, 10:52:32

Baz.

I think we should start charging for advertising space  :lol:
You entrepreneur you!!  ;)  :lol:

JohnP

QuoteI stopped posting hi-res images online since I started selling my work

Ohh.. hadn't realised you'd gone commercial - it's a shame as it would have been nice to have combed the area at high resolution. Looks like a very detailed image for such short exposure - looks like you have got curvature issues (particularly top let & right corners) but again hard to tell at this resolution.

John

Rocket Pooch

I noticed that as well John, I have the same lens as that one and don't have that issue?

Chris

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Quote from: Rocket Pooch on Aug 29, 2011, 13:44:52
I noticed that as well John, I have the same lens as that one and don't have that issue?

Chris
Yep, not sure what caused it. More field testing may tell. I've pretty much been out of the astrophotography loop of a year while I have concentrated on the daytime stuff. Thanks for the great feedback!

Baz.

Rocket Pooch

Well I could tell you what I think the problem is, but I'd have to charge you for my time :-)

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Quote from: Rocket Pooch on Aug 30, 2011, 01:29:49
Well I could tell you what I think the problem is, but I'd have to charge you for my time :-)

LOL! And rightly so sir!

Tony G

Quote from: Rocket Pooch on Aug 30, 2011, 01:29:49

Didn't you get nicked for saying that to a plains clothes copper :police: at The Vauxhall Tavern.  ;)

Tony G

PS.......................That copper never really had groin strain.  :lol:
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson