• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Hi Everyone!

Started by HarryF, Apr 29, 2011, 12:57:44

Previous topic - Next topic

HarryF

Hi all,

I attended my first O.A.S. meeting last night and was made to feel so welcome that I have decided to join you all.
I'm Harry and I live in Beckenham, I was a member of another astronomical society in Surrey until I recently moved.
Currently I'm studying for an OU degree in Astronomy and Cosmology. I've completed 2 years, so it's now that the maths gets really hard. If anyone has any good tips on calculus, they will be much appreciated.

I also have 2 telescopes that I'm hoping to bring along to some observing evenings starting next week after the weekend.

I am also an active participant in Galaxy Zoo and have spent many times with the Zooites.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of you next week, and at next months meeting.

Harry

Carole

Welcome Harry.  Glad you enjoyed last night and have decided to join us.

Carole

Fay

Hi Harry, glad you liked us & look forward to seeing you again.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

The Thing

Hi Harry,

Glad you had a good first meeting. I'm Duncan (there is a story behind The Thing!) and I also live in Beckenham. I look forward to meeting you sometime, couldn't make last night but I will be at Deep Sky Camp next weekend and hoepfully the next observing evening.

mickw

Yep, welcome to the forum Harry and welcome to OAS.
Hope to see see you at next observing evening.
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mac

Greetings and a very warm welcome.

Mac.

doug

Welcome, Harry.  Good to meet you at the Meeting and hope to see you at the DSC next weekend ..... if the weather is kind to us all. 

Rose and Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Delphine

Hi Harry - welcome to the OAS - glad you enjoyed the meeting. 

Delphine

PhilB

Hi Harry, welcome aboard.

Phil
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein