• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

July DSC

Started by Rocket Pooch, Jun 17, 2011, 08:37:30

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

I hope to arrive tonight 7:30-8:00pm

mickw

Rodger Dodger HH, will leave candle in the window

BS send more beer, we won't survive another night without reinforcements
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Les

Going for camping gear in a bit....still yet to hear from someone who can spare a seat

Carole

Les, I don't think any-one has any spare space as camping gear and Astro gear for one person fills up a car.  I think you'll have to find a friend with a car who will come with you who doesn't have Astro kit to bring, even then it could be a squeeze.

Carole

Rose

Cornwall calling Rother Valley..... come in.  Very hot andf sunny here but no sunspots on the sun.... well, two small ones.
Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.
From the Navajo.

Carole

QuoteCornwall calling Rother Valley..... come in. 

Brilliant, Cornwall, High Halden, Rother Valley and Orpington all connecting.

Still no decent sky again last night, very disappointing.  All the weather forecasts wrong again.

Carole   

RobertM

Orpington here, shall I'll bring some clear skies with me ?

MarkS

Yes please - bring some clear skies ...

Mike

Right now, we have lovely clear skies and the most amount of scopes in the field we've seen for quite some time:-

Fingers crossed it's still clear once it gets dark.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Wow that is a lot - Sat24 map looking promising so fingers crossed for you all tonight... John

Carole

Wow, we had a completely clear night and every-one was up until about 3 - 3.30 some even later 3.45 and 4am

Lots of imaging done.  

In attendance:
Mike and Cris
Myself
Mark
Robert
Duncan
Mick
Chris and Rachel
Julian and his son Ben
Plus Wayne and partner who live near the change of horses and I think has been to one meeting.

Got a bit cold for summer around 8 down to 6 degrees while we were imaging.

Carole

Mike

Great night. A bit dewy and misty at times but clear all night. I think everyone managed to get some images. Expect lots to be posted over the next week.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Thanks Robert for bringing the clear skies last night, was all good fun and some actual imaging, yipeeeeee.

Chris

mickw

QuoteThanks Robert for bringing the clear skies last night, was all good fun and some actual imaging, yipeeeeee

Next time can someone remember to pack the unbroken software, hardware etc   :(

Reinstalled everything now and it looks like it works.
Just got to hook it all up and test it tonight.
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional