• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Eclipse Phase Montage

Started by A.S.I.G.N_Baz, Jun 16, 2011, 06:30:13

Previous topic - Next topic

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Here's my completed montage from this morning's eclipse and a widefield, just before the clouds finished it off for good.

Baz.

Tony G

Nice widefield Baz. ;)

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

MarkS

According to the London Evening Standard, the reddened totally-eclipsed full moon was seen in New York yesterday.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23961154-the-big-apple-turns-pink-in-total-eclipse-of-the-moon.do

Methinks it was red because a rising moon is always red!  It rose in NY long after the eclipse ended.

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Thanks Tony. Yes Mark, an eclipsed moon is always red, but usually a more rusty orange than a deep red. This one was a little darker as it was so far into the earth's shadow, (100 minutes) and there is a fair bit of fine volcano ash circulating in the upper atmosphere, depending on where you live.

I must have been pretty tired processing this today because after a sleep this afternoon, I looked at it and went, "UGH!! The colour was RED not BROWN!!!"

So, I reprocessed it and used rulers to line-up the images.

Yep. Looks much better!

Baz.

PhilB

Quote from: MarkS on Jun 16, 2011, 11:51:35......... the reddened totally-eclipsed full moon was seen in New York yesterday.

It might be me but doesn't the moon look rather big. If the fore ground is a print-in what does this say about the rest of the image?

Nice image Baz, streets ahead of the press offering
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein