• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Switching streetlights off late at night, or not...

Started by Carole, Apr 26, 2011, 10:28:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Quote from: MarkS on Mar 30, 2014, 18:40:59Ashford B.C. have realised that they have some of the darkest skies in the South East
Ho hum. That won't last long, I fear. :(

Carole

Hasn't Woodchurch applied for dark sky status and building an observatory, or did I get the location wrong?

Carole

MarkS

Quote from: Rick on Feb 14, 2016, 19:24:49
Quote from: MarkS on Mar 30, 2014, 18:40:59Ashford B.C. have realised that they have some of the darkest skies in the South East
Ho hum. That won't last long, I fear. :(

Let's see what happens.  It all hinges on the design and spec of the new luminaires Kent is installing ...

Quote from: Carole on Feb 14, 2016, 19:52:22
Hasn't Woodchurch applied for dark sky status and building an observatory, or did I get the location wrong?

Carole

Yes that's true.  I imagine that any dark sky status might now be totally dependent on what Kent County Council does with its streetlights.

Mark

Rick

Quote from: MarkS on Feb 14, 2016, 20:00:31It all hinges on the design and spec of the new luminaires Kent is installing ...
I hope they don't pick the same sort of rubbish luminaires Bromley's been using...