• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Dire Traits

Started by mickw, Apr 15, 2011, 21:17:35

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

That's starting to look very nice Mick.  It's going to be clear again tonight :D , maybe you can get some more subs. I am jealous of the FoV, I can only get two of them in an image at a time!

mickw

Thanks I'm a bit happier with the result now I've found I can use what I have done.  I'll definitely revisit the others.

I've not knowingly done "calibration" before, I just slap lights, darks, flats etc together then tinker in Photoshop  :oops:
What should I have been doing or what is done in calibration ?

Duncan unfortunately South is where kitchen lights go on at random, I don't stand a chance until after midnight when the good stuff usually disappears behind houses or the full moon pops up  :(
I am set up though and prepared for a attack of North ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

yes put them all together before processing
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

Quoteyes put them all together before processing

Blimey, I was doing something right  :o

The reason I tried the stretch before stacking was that stacking pushed the black and white points all over the place.  The histogram showed the black being clipped to maximum, doubt whether that's the right description but the histogram did not slope, it was vertical and only sloped down to half height on the right.
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

Once you use levels in PS the histogram will look better
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!