• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC April 1st - Yes it's true - CANCELLED

Started by mickw, Mar 19, 2011, 12:07:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Well, at least it will be warm overnight............................wrapped up in a sleeping bag in the tent. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

Only one weather forecast gives a chance of clearish sky on Friday.
I tried to convince myself it would be worth driving down to Rother on the off chance of clear dry skies - failed  :(

Yet another DSC bites the dust  :!
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

BBC Weather shows a completely clear sky for Kelling and Rother on Friday night.

mickw

I think Rother has had some rain every day this week with more forecast daytime over the weekend.
Meteoblue are showing 100% cloud coverage at high level on Friday and low level on Sunday.

Fortunately the seeing will be good so a clear view will be had of the clouds  :-?

Rick

Quote from: mickw on Mar 31, 2011, 11:47:24some rain every day this week

It's doing better than my garden, then. Got enough here to make things slightly damp yesterday, but that's all...  :brolly:

Rocket Pooch

What you should do is move it BACK to Blacklands, mostly clear there from memory, seems like the move in venue has wiped it out.

mickw

According to Meteoblue, Blacklands does have a slight edge over Rother for cloud cover

Weather forecasters are as good as bloody politicians - useless.

It's frustrating that a few days of rain can make Rother unuseable (being selfish because of the shorter journey and having the van)

I'll check the weather reports again tomorrow and there's a possibility of few clear hours for more than one night I'll throw all my stuff in the van and give Blacklands a try

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Possibly not worth it, but our neibours are on holiday so you could park there and come into the Garden?

Chris

mickw

Doesn't seem to be any changes in the forecasts so I guess it will have to be at home with TV and beer again  :roll:

Rocket Pooch