• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

A Bad Evening!

Started by Fay, Mar 07, 2011, 21:36:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

I am ok with the artifacts now, Chris, it was the cooling bit that was doing it. I saw the figure 9 in that box bottom right & now realise the the was the temp. Astroart does not mention anything about that.

It is only the focus, & framing that is my concern now!!  I will practice in a minute
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

It might not have been very bright, did you get any numbers in the right side of the box?

Fay

The numbers were on zero.

Chris, can you bin flats?

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Yes you can, I'm going to have too with mine to complete my image.

Chris

Fay

Thank God for that, too late for tonight. I was doing flats & they started off at 33,500 adu and by the end, they were 28,800adu. Do you think the light diminishes in the light panel if it is on too long?

Rocket Pooch

looks like they must do!

Fay

Ok, I just had a go at focusing & the star was not in the box. There is a big number bottom right, but the other two are zeros.

I will put a post on QSI forum

Rocket Pooch

Fay,

I think this is AstroArt thats the problem not QSI, maybe post there?  or both.

Chris

MarkS

Quote from: Fay
mine takes about 28 secs

I can't believe you waited for a dark, cold, freezing night out in the back garden to try this out.  Why not experiment in daytime in the warmth of your home - both for your own comfort and so as not to waste valuable imaging time.

Mark

Fay

Hi Mark, i have not stopped experimenting since I got it.  All the other problems were the fact that I had not turned cooling on. Trouble was, I was still in the throes when the first good night came up & I had to go outside with what I knew at the time. And last night was the next good night, so had to go outside again. Learning in the field, so as to speak.

I just have to sort out the focusing & download times. It may have the same sort of size chip as the Canon, but the Canon is immediate in downloading subs. I assumed that QSI would be the same, but not so.