• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp 2011 March 4th to 7th

Started by Fay, Feb 25, 2011, 13:23:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Yes that is what I thought Mark.

How many nights is anyone going for & who is thinking of going?

How is Blacklands ground Mick?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

I haven't checked Fay, but Blacklands does drain better than Rother and it's not on a hill.
I'll email anyway.

If all is well I intend to go Friday as usual and may even stay on Sunday
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rocket Pooch

I agree with Mark, all you also need to do is roll around in the mud a bit and pack unpack pack and unpack your car outside your house and drive around the block 100 miles, same feeling of dirtyness, cleanlyness and also packing without the need to stay in a wet field.

Sorted...

mickw

Now that could start a new trend - PSC - ( Pseudo Sky Camp )

Rocket Pooch

F-PSC version, where you drive 720 miles south to see clouds and drive 720 miles back whilst burning money, a more advanced version of the same game.

MarkS

Quote from: Rocket Pooch
F-PSC version, where you drive 720 miles south to see clouds

You've been really unlucky Chris - the rest of France has clear sky at the moment.  Are you sure you didn't take English cloud down with you?

Mark

Carole

If the weather forecasts stay as currently predicted I am thinking of going down Thursday afternoon (tomorrow) if I can get organised in time.

Carole

Fay

So is, Duncan, Julian, Mike, Tony going?

The Thing

Duncan is going Friday evening for one night only if the rain holds off. A clear sky would be nice and there's more chance down there than up here.

MarkS

I'll make my final decision tonight based on the available forecasts.

At present Friday night, for one night only, looks probable.

Carole

The weather forecast has changed so will decide tomorrow now.  I won't be coming down and freezing unless there is a reasonable chance of a completely clear evening.

Carole

The Thing

Meteoblue and Apanel both say Friday night will be clear in Henfield, though seeing and transparency won't be fantastic.

mickw

Just received reply form Blacklands - Not fantastic but .................................

QuoteHi Mick,

The field is wet, however there are places dry enough to put the tent, the motor home has to be on the drive (hard) around the field.
If you do decide to come, could you please fill in the booking request form on our website. www.blacklandsfarm.co.uk

Thanks

Maria

Any thoughts  :-?  ?

Tony G

Not to sure whether I will be making this one, as I need to do DIY :wall: in the house that I thought I'd be in until my old age, but apparently not according to 'She who must be obeyed' :(

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

I am beginning to wonder, really not sure what to do. I do not want to go thru all the palavars if the field is dubious & sky murky, & not many going. It has been a very bad winter & conditions will not be that good.