• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Updates...

Started by Rick, Sep 14, 2004, 08:14:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

An update in the morning should include new special events and news as well as the main index page. I've also put place holders in to the reports pages, waiting for more detail (and maybe the odd photo) for the following events:

* The Transit of Venus.
* Summer Deep Sky Camp.
* The Augus Members Evening.
* Leicester Space Centre.

Rick

A few tweaks should appear in the morning. Nothing particularly significant. Still need to get reports for the last two DSCs and the Leicester trip, and actually write up the Venus transit properly...

Added a little cgi tweak to the observing evenings page to give sunrise and sunset times.

Rick

Night sky, news and special events page updates.

Please can those in the know check the dates!

Thanks.

Mike

Rick - Are teh DSC dates on the website correct for Feb 2005? I am sure Paul said it was the same weekend as Astrofest !!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

Ah, yes. I was sure it wasn't, and "corrected" them. I'll un-correct them sometime soon.

At the moment my main computer has memory holes, and it keeps scrambling things, so until I have a new DIMM I'll be a bit stuck...

Rick

I hope the DSC dates are now correct.

The DIMM in my home computer is however a casualty of Magic Smoke (tm)...

Mike

I have one or two spare DIMMS hanging around. If you let me know what spec you are after I will see if I have one that fits.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

Thanks. The replacement I'd ordered at the weekend arrived this morning. Hopefully that'll put the system back into operation. If it doesn't...

Rick

Night sky and Special Events pages have been updated (along with the main index). Thanks, Greg.

As usual, please check them...

Rick

A few typos fixed. As usual, please check and report any errors and omissions to me, either here or in email.

Rick

Also, check the 2005 special events report page for Paul's report of the Greenwich evening.

Rick

Oops... Post observing-evening date changes should appear in the morning.

Rick

Post RAS Library visit up.

Rick

With a bit of luck, and slightly later than I'd originally planned, the usual post-meeting and post-observing evening updates will be up in the morning. Of course, I only realised I'd missed the observing evening when I checked the page to see whether the post-meeting updates looked Ok...

Rick

Usual post-meet updates and a small addition to the gallery should be up later this morning...