• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Youtube videos

Started by Tony G, Jan 06, 2011, 22:33:09

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

I would have thought leather would be more your style.  Don't you find chrome a bit difficult to move around in ?

Fay

Ha Ha very funny Robert, still thinking about...."leather may be more my style"
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Tony G

Well chrome didn't work and caused a few problem on the way as well, and so its back to square 1 and asking 'can anyone help me with this problem' :!

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mac

QuoteWell chrome didn't work and caused a few problem on the way as well,

what sort of problems?

Tony G

Mac,

The Chrome didn't solve the problem with Youtube, and I wasn't keen on the look and layout of the new programme, and so uninstalled it. Then when I went to click on any of my shortcuts on the desktop, a message would appear telling me that there was no path to this shortcut or something. I then had to carry out a system restore which seems to have solved that problem (but a lot of the shortcut icons still have the chrome emblem on them), but the Youtube issue is still there, which has only happened over the last couple of weeks. :!

Tony G 
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Think I had this problem, did not like Chrome & reverted back, and went and made Internet Explorer default again. But had to re sign in to all sites like this one.

I have given it a chance & like it now

mickw

Has there been a change in the parental control thing or security settings that would stop IE allowing access to Youtube material ?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mac

are you using ie8 if so have you tried to reset the browser?
goto tools internet options
select advanced
click on restore advanced settings
and then click on reset
tick the box and then allow it to do its bit,
reset ie and then try you tube again.

If its still not working,
disable you firewall and then try it again,
it might be the fact that your firewall is blocking access.

Mac.

Tony G

:( :( :(

I have tried everything that has been suggested, but to no avail.
What is baffling me is that it is only Youtube, and everything on the page loads up, and some videos run for a couple of seconds and then freeze and buffer and buffer and buffer............................ :!

Tony G

Fay

Tony,  there area lot of help articles on web, have you seen them? One said clear cache & cookies, but there were a lot of other's regarding YouTube

Ian

Tony, are you sure Youtube is worth the effort mate???

mickw

Found a couple of things

Google Web Accelerator - If you've got it, get rid of it.
Apparently Flash 10 can cause problems - Doh  :oops:
Flash 9 is here  http://www.oldapps.com/flash_player.php?old_flash_player=14?download
Apparently Zillatube works as a downloader and it's free (Realplayer also downloads but that's horrible)
Zillatube here   http://www.zillatube.com/
Apparently Youtube also uses Java - Assorted info here   http://forums.whatthetech.com/youtube_videos_buffering_forever_t85398.html

Hope something helps  :-?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Tony G

Quote from: Ian on Jan 15, 2011, 14:53:06

If only to see Fay's link to some old bird singing, and little fluffy puppies in the background. :-?

Tony G

Ian

Quote from: Tony G on Jan 15, 2011, 18:36:30
Quote from: Ian on Jan 15, 2011, 14:53:06

If only to see Fay's link to some old bird singing, and little fluffy puppies in the background. :-?

Tony G

A good point, well made...

Fay