• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Youtube videos

Started by Tony G, Jan 06, 2011, 22:33:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Hi all,

I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction to fix a problem. When I go onto Youtube like I did this evening via Fay's link, everything loads onto the page, but the actual video doesn't start, and just keeps buffering, if I click onto another video on the same page, it again loads everything else onto the page apart from the video which was chosen, which just continues to load.
This seems to only happen on Youtube, as I've tried other sites like www.wimp.com, and can view videos on here.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

Looks like they are both Adobe Flash based, I can view both of them with Flash 10.
What version Flash are you using ?
Might pay to check for an update.
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Tony G

Mick,

I reinstalled Flash 10, which is what I had to start with. :-?

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

Here's the solutions to your problems..................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ9OzXzVdA4
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCeXNzI_i9g&feature=related

The authors don't seem to understand the irony are dicks

Mac

wow they took all that time to make a video instead of just saying

Clear your internet cache and delete your cookies.

Way faster. ;)
Mac.

PhilB

You're obviously a plain language man. But  when it comes to art you just can't hurry the artistic process
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Tony G

Well, deleted all the cookies and Youtube works again. :)
Now I can watch Fay's New Year Youtube video. :roll:

Tony G

mickw

QuoteNow I can watch Fay's New Year Youtube video

Happy Easter  ;)

PhilB

Quote from: Tony G on Jan 11, 2011, 17:09:39
Now I can watch Fay's New Year Youtube video.

I bet the anticipation has been loosing you sleep
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Ian

was that a typo Phil? Tony's been loosing his sheep...

PhilB

Tony G

Well that lasted long......not. :!
The same thing is happening again with Youtube, and I've deleted cookies and everything again, and it still will not load.
Any other suggestions? :-?

Tony G

Mac

Get rid of internet explorer and use something else,

try google chrome.

http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en-GB/landing_tv.html

i've not had any problems using it.

Mac.

mickw

I agree with Mac but if you use the "tools and toolbar" a lot in IE it will take a bit of getting used to finding the commands but you don't have to remove IE until you're happy with Chrome.
One great thing with Chrome is that if you have it installed on more than one machine, you can synch all your "favourites/bookmarks" to all machines

Fay

really love chrome. Have recently put it on & have got used to it
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!